LendingPoint™ Personal Loan Review
Based in Georgia, LendingPoint™ is a provider of unsecured personal loans and has been around since 2015. They offer loans to consumers across the credit spectrum, which means that even borrowers with bad credit might get approved for a loan.
LendingPoint™ loans range from $2,000 - $36,500, APRs from 7.99 - 35.99%, with loan terms of 2 - 5 years. The rates you get depend on your credit history, income, debt-to-income ratio, and the information you provide during the application process. Once you pre-qualify and get approved, you could get funded as soon as the next non-holiday business day.
LendingPoint™ doesn’t restrict how you use the funds, which means you can use them to cover any legal personal expenses you deem necessary. Their loan offerings are available in all states and the District of Columbia, excluding Nevada and West Virginia.
LendingPoint™ Loan types
LendingPoint™ personal loans include:
- Debt Consolidation Loans: If you've got credit card debt, mortgage, student loans, auto loans, and medical bills from different lenders, you can obtain a debt consolidation loan from LendingPoint™ to pay them off and get one loan instead. Instead of making multiple monthly payments to different lenders, you simplify the repayment process with a single monthly installment paid to LendingPoint™.
- Home Improvement Loans: If you want to give your kitchen or bathroom a facelift, you can apply for a personal loan from LendingPoint™ to fund your home improvement projects. This can include renovations, flooring, tiling, etc.
- Wedding: Wedding costs can skyrocket and spoil the most important day of your life. However, you don't have to spend all your savings as LendingPoint™ offers wedding loans so that you can enjoy your special day.
- Medical/Dental: Medical and dental expenses can pop up when least expected. LendingPoint™ offers medical/dental loans to cover medical costs over a period of time.
- Travel: If you're struggling to cover your travel expenses out of pocket, a travel loan from LendingPoint™ can help you meet the costs and enjoy a vacation without stressing over bills.
- Emergency loans: When you want to cover unexpected, urgent expenses such as unplanned car repairs, an emergency loan can be convenient. LendingPoint™ offers emergency loans to help you with handling these expenses.
- Other personal expenses: You can get a loan from LendingPoint™ for any other personal financial reasons, as long as you use the money to cover any legal personal expenses, for example, moving expenses.
You can apply for the following types of loans: debt consolidation, home improvement, wedding, travel, medical expenses, emergency loans, moving expenses.
|APR||7.99 - 35.99%
|Amount||$2,000 - $36,500
|Term||2 - 5 years
|Origination fee||0.01 - 6%
As you can see from the table the maximum loan amount is $36,500, and the APR starts at 7.99% for the best graded borrowers. The loan period varies from 2 to 5 years.
LendingPoint™: Pros and Cons
|Fast funding: Once you pre-qualify, accept loan terms, and get approved, you can get funding as fast as the next business day.
||High APRs: LendingPoint™ has a high starting APR of 7.99%. That's high compared to other lenders who offer loans to similar groups of borrowers. For instance, Upgrade, another online lender, has a starting APR of 8.49%.
|Pre-approval: You get a pre-qualification within seconds and see eligible loan offers and loan terms. Pre-approval doesn't affect your credit score.
||Fees: Depending on the state of residence, your loan could be subjected to an origination fee from 0.01 - 6% and a late payment fee of up to $30.
|No prepayment fees: You won't incur any fees for early repayments. Thus, you can pay your loan faster and save money on interest.
||No discount for autopay: LendingPoint™ doesn't offer a discount when you put monthly installments on autopay.
|Transparency: Important information like APRs, loan terms, and fees are disclosed on the lender's website.
||Some information is hard to find: The lender doesn’t disclose the minimum credit score, income, and debt-to-income ratio requirements.
|Multiple ways to pay: Borrowers can make monthly repayments via a mailed-in check, ACH deposit, online or mobile app.
||No joint/cosigned loans: LendingPoint™ doesn't allow co-signers or co-borrowers. You have to qualify on your own based on your credit profile.
|Flexible repayments: You can change your repayment date once a year and schedule biweekly or monthly payments.
Applying for a LendingPoint™ loan
Like other fintech lenders, LendingPoint sets minimum requirements for its borrowers. To tilt approval odds in your favor, it helps to cross-check your financial situation with their basic loan requirements:
- Be at least 18 years and have a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident, and live in a state where the lender has operations — anywhere in the U.S. except Nevada and West Virginia.
- Have a valid Social Security Number (SSN).
- Have a verifiable personal bank account in your name.
- No minimum credit score is disclosed. Some sources place it at 580+ and an average of 673.
- No minimum income is disclosed. Some sources quote a minimum income of $20,000, with the average customer earning $80,000 annually.
- A debt-to-income ratio of less than 50%, excluding mortgage. The average customer ratio is 13%.
- At least 12 months after a discharged bankruptcy.
How to apply for a LendingPoint™ loan
LendingPoint™ offers a simple application process on its website. The customer submits an online application form with the required information, including the loan amount and purpose, income, the last four digits of SSN, and other basic personal details.
The lender performs a soft credit check to pre-qualify for eligible loan offers and allows to see loan terms before completing the actual application.
Once the customer selects suiting loan terms and monthly payments, they will be asked to provide additional information and documents. A hard credit pull is performed to complete the application.
After the final approval, the money is deposited in your bank account through ACH transfer as soon as the next business day.
LendingPoint™ is a reputable company that provides quick funding to borrowers. The lender has a quick pre-approval process that won’t affect your credit score. They have transparent lending terms, and you could get funded as soon as the next business day.
Depending on your state of residence, you may pay an upfront origination fee from 0.01 - 6% and a late payment fee of up to $30.
What is the LendingPoint™ customer service phone number?
Is LendingPoint™ legit?
LendingPoint™ is a legit, registered, and reputable company based in Georgia. The lender has a secure website where they disclose their loan terms.
How long does it take for LendingPoint to approve a loan?
According to LendingPoint™, the application process takes a few minutes, and approval decisions are made within a few seconds.
How long does it take for LendingPoint™ to deposit money?
Once approved, money could be deposited into your account via ACH transfer as soon as the next business day.