- Rewards Rate:
- 6% Cash Back on groceries, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases.
- 6% Cash Back on streaming.
- 3% Cash Back on transit. Transit includes taxis, rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses, and more.
- 3% Cash Back on gas.
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
- Intro Offer:
- 20% Earn 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back.
- $200 Earn $200 back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Annual Fee:$0 for the first year. $95 thereafter.
- Purchase Intro APR:0% Introductory APR for the first 12 months from the date of account opening.
- Regular APR:13.99% - 23.99% Variable.
- Balance Transfer APR:None
- Issuer name:American Express
The Blue Cash Preferred provides high rewards at U.S. supermarkets and U.S. gas stations, and for streaming services and transit expenses. It has a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
The Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express offers a 0% introductory APR promotion. You’ll pay no interest on purchases for 12 months and then an APR of 13.99% - 23.99% Variable. The Blue Cash Preferred Card's Penalty APR is 29.99%.
The Card also has 0% introductory plan fee on each purchase moved into a plan during the first 12 months after account opening. After that, your plan fee will be up to 1.33% of each purchase moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase and other factors.
The Blue Cash Preferred has a welcome bonus where cardholders earn a $300 statement credit after spending $3,000 on the new card within the first six months of card membership.
When you purchase a product with your Blue Cash Preferred card, return protection covers you if the seller won’t accept a return for the item, up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
The card’s Pay It Plan It feature can be helpful in paying down small balances but dangerous for larger purchases. With Pay It, you can quickly tap a purchase in the mobile app that is for less than $100 to make payments throughout the month. Plan It is the reverse of this: You can select purchases that are $100 or more and have them split up to make monthly payments for a fixed monthly fee instead of interest charges. This can be a good deal if the monthly fee is less than you would pay in interest. Of course, an even better strategy would be to pay off your balance in full every month so you never have to pay more than necessary for your purchases.
- Excellent cashback bonuses
- 0% purchase APR in the first 12 months
- Great introductory bonuses
- Cashback cap
- Annual fee
- Foreign transaction fee
- Up to $400 Back;
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets;
- 6% Cash Back on streaming subscriptions;
- 3% Cash Back on transit;
- 3% Cash Back on gas;
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases;
- $300 statement credit;
- Extended warranty;
- Fraud Protection;
- Return Protection;
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance;
- Global Assist® Hotline;
- Pay It Plan It®;
- American Express Experiences.