1 HKD = 0.8217CNY
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: Hong Kong, Macau
- Currency Code, Symbol: HKD, HK$
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1, $2, $5, $10
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: $10, $20, $50, $100, $500, $1,000
The Hong Kong dollar (symbol: HK$, codes: HKD and 344) is a monetary unit used only in one district in the People’s Republic of China – Hong Kong. The HKD abbreviation is commonly used on the foreign exchange market. The Hong Kong dollar is divided into cents.
One HKD has 100 cents. The $ currency was first issued in 1895. The coins of that time were made out of pure silver. The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region is “its own country within another government” in some way. Just like the other large city of PRC – Macao, Hong Kong not only has its own currency, but also lives by its own law.Read More
- Country of Circulation: China
- Currency Code, Symbol: CNY, ¥
- Denominations of coins in circulation: RMB 0.1, RMB 0.5, RMB 1 (1, 5 角；1 元)
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: RMB 0.1, RMB 0.5, RMB 1, RMB 5, RMB 10, RMB 20, RMB 50, RMB 100
The Chinese yuan (symbol ¥, code: CNY, number 156) is the main national currency in the People's Republic of China. CNY is used in conversions, and on the global exchange markets. One yuan is divided into 10 jiao, and the latter one contains 10 fen.
Small coins are not commonly used in payments. The Chinese yuan was issued to the market in 1949. The predecessor of the currency was the yuan of Inner Mongolia. CNY is not used on the territory of two PRC cities: Hong Kong and Macao. These localities have their own currency units.Read More
Historical data of the 1 Hong Kong Dollar to the Chinese Yuan Renminbi exchange rate
HKD/CNY – Hong Kong Dollar to Chinese Yuan Renminbi conversionOur HKD/CNY currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 HKD equals 0.8217 CNY.
Hong Kong Dollar to Chinese Yuan Renminbi conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-10-24 11:17 PM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Hong Kong Dollars;
- wait for automatic HKD to CNY conversion.
How has the dynamic of HKD to CNY rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Hong Kong Dollar rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by -0.0034 CNY or -0.4099%.
The dynamic of HKD to CNY rate over the last monthThe monthly data of HKD to CNY conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. HKD has moved by -1.0809% or -0.0089 CNY.