Petal® 2 Credit Card Review
Start unlocking the power of your personal data and build your credit with this no-annual-fee Petal® 2 credit card.
You can earn up to 1.5% cash back on every eligible use and net between 2% to 10% for every purchase at selected merchants via Petal® Offers.
The Petal® 2 Credit Card is the ideal card for building credit and nurturing a good history. Attractive rewards are up for grabs on a 1% cash back upon activation. You will have a chance to maximize earnings up to 1.5% after a year.
You will learn how to manage your spendings and get rewarded for on-time payments. Your credit performance will also be reported to three major credit bureaus, and you will have access to updates on your credit score through the mobile app or website.
It’s a good choice for people without a history of credit, and it’s a perfect starter credit card for students, as well.
Petal® 2 Credit Card: pros and cons
|No annual fee. It allows you to forget about extra expenses on your credit card service. Pay only for your active card usage.
||No signup bonus. Some credit issuers have generous signup bonus offers. Unfortunately, there is no welcome offer from Petal® 2 when your application gets approved.
|No returned payment fee. Some credit cards have returned payment fees of up to $40. But Petal® 2 will not collect any fee for returned payments.
||Cash advances are not permitted. It may come in handy to have a credit card with a cash advance feature. Unfortunately, there is no such offer from Petal® 2.
|No foreign transaction fees. You can shop and dine outside of the U.S. and pay using your Petal® 2 credit card without worrying about foreign transaction fees.
||Those who filed for bankruptcy may be rejected. Those who filed for bankruptcy in the past 48 months may be rejected for a Petal® 2 Visa credit card. Once you are rejected due to that reason you will get into a kinda “blacklist” and won’t be eligible to apply again anymore.
|You can apply even if you have no credit history. Most credit card companies would usually require a good credit score to be eligible for a card. But with Petal® 2, you are eligible even if you have no history of credit yet.
||Balance transfers are not allowed. Petal® 2 has no offer for a transfer of balance from another credit card.
|No late fees. If you fail to pay your dues on time, Petal® 2 will not collect for late fees as long as you pay the minimum due amount.
||No intro APR offer. Other banks have an Intro APR offer of 0% within a certain period. For Petal® 2, there is no intro APR offer.
Petal® 2 Credit Card: Rewards System Overview
The tiered cash back rewards program of Petal® 2 is designed to motivate cardholders to use the card more often by rewarding them with a 1% cashback on eligible purchases immediately after card activation. Timely payments are also encouraged by increasing the cashback percentage to 1.25% after six months, and a further increase to the maximum of 1.5% awaits after 12 months of consistent on-time payments.
Upon activation, you are automatically enrolled in Petal® Offers that lets you earn more as you use more. Selected merchants are giving up to 10% cashback on your purchases. When you enable location services in the mobile app, you will see nearby establishments with the best offers for cashback rewards.
There are two ways of redeeming the points.
- Via Mobile App (or mobile-optimized website): Log on to your account via the Petal® 2 mobile app and redeem the reward points in your Cash Back Wallet as a statement credit. Maximum redemption is up to the amount of the current balance of your statement.
- Via Phone: You can call Petal® Card and request an ACH transfer to your designated bank account. Alternatively, you may request for a paper check to be mailed to your address for a minimum redemption amount of $20.
Who can benefit from getting the Petal® 2 Credit Card?
If you want to grow a good credit score, then you would greatly benefit from Petal® 2, the most advanced credit card of Petal® Card, Inc.. It has no fees, and it is specially designed for your success. It will help you become responsible with your spendings and payments, allowing you to set a budget and monitor how much is left for your next spendings.
It is an excellent choice if you have no credit history yet, and you are starting to build one. Petal® 2 offers a variable APR of 15.99% - 29.99% with no annual fee.
Are there any other benefits?
Yes, you will enjoy other benefits that come with your Petal® 2 credit card:
- Mobile App Availability: You will like the user-friendly interface of the Petal® 2 mobile app that lets you easily monitor and manage your credit card account while on the go, allowing you to track your spendings in line with your budget.
- Uber Credit Via Visa® Offers: You can automatically earn Uber credits on every purchase through Visa® Offers using your credit card when you register for Petal® 2 through your Uber account.
- Lost or Stolen Card Assistance: If you lost your card or it is stolen, Visa® can help you with an emergency replacement card and even arrange for a cash delivery to your address.
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance: When you pay for a rental vehicle using your Petal® 2 credit card, you will receive coverage for damage or theft.
- Roadside Dispatch: Having a flat tire or a dead battery? No worries. Just call for roadside assistance and get access to roadside dispatch.
- “Refer a Friend” Program: Earn from $0 up to $50 in statement credit or cashback points when you refer a friend, and your referral is approved for a Petal® credit card. You may also join the affiliate program managed by Partner Centric and earn a $15 default commission per referral.
The Petal® 2 Cash Back Card is the ideal card for students and fresh graduates starting to build credit, and also those who just came to the US. The card doesn’t have an annual fee, and no fees are collected for late payments. The generous rewards program will surely inspire anyone to make timely payments to earn more while nurturing good history at the same time.
Overall, Petal® 2 cuts through the fine prints and ditches the fees, creating a lifestyle credit card that lets you build a good credit score while making your life easier.
Is Petal® 2 Credit Card legit?
Yes, Petal Card, Inc. is a legitimate company working in partnership with Visa® and WebBank
, an FDIC-insured lender that backs Petal Card. Thus, the card is safe for various eligible transactions.
How to check my application status for Petal® 2 Credit Card?
The first stage of the application is to go through the pre approval process to pre qualify if you’re a good fit. Based on a review at Reddit, it will take a day or two for the result to come out. Once you are pre-approved, that’s the time you can proceed with the application. Notice of approval is sent via email. If you are approved, your Petal® 2 credit card should arrive within 6 to 10 business days. In the meantime, you may set up a new account in the Petal 2 mobile app while waiting for your credit card to arrive.