1 AUD = 0.775 USD
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: Australia, Ashmore and Cartier Islands, Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island and others
- Currency Code, Symbol: AUD, AU$
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
The Australian dollar (symbol: $ ,code: AUD, number 036) is the currency of the Commonwealth of Australia. It is used not only on the territory of Australia, but also on the adjacent islands: Cocos Islands, Norfolk, and Christmas Islands. $ is identified as AUD or by the classic dollar sign on the global financial market.
One AUD is 100 cents. It has come into action in 1966, replacing the Australian pound. Since the late 80s, banknotes have been being made from special flexible plastic instead of paper. It makes money last longer in humid Australian climate. Interestingly, all banknotes have the same height, but are different in length. On the notes you can find portraits of historical and political figures, important buildings and objects. Australia also regularly issues commemorative coins worth 50 cents.Read More
- Country of Circulation: United States, British Virgin Islands, Ecuador, Panama and others
- Currency Code, Symbol: USD, $
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
The US dollar ($) is the national currency of the United States of America, one of the global reserve currencies. It is used as an official currency unit in Salvador, Marshall Islands, Panama, Bermuda. USD is used as an abbreviation for convenience and internationalization purposes.
The US dollar is subdivided into cents. Every dollar has 100 cents. The currency has existed since 1792. The first dollars were made out of silver, then paper notes appeared. They have had the traditional greenish or grey color from the outset. Around 35 million pieces of dollars of different denomination worth 635 million emigrate to the USA daily. 95% of the banknotes are to replace worn-out notes.Read More
Historical data of the 1 Australian Dollar to the US Dollar exchange rate
AUD/USD – Australian Dollar to US Dollar conversionOur AUD/USD currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 AUD equals 0.775 USD.
Australian Dollar to US Dollar conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-04-15 01:16 PM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Australian Dollars;
- wait for automatic AUD to USD conversion.
How has the dynamic of AUD to USD rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Australian Dollar rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 0.0128 USD or +1.6463%.
The dynamic of AUD to USD rate over the last monthThe monthly data of AUD to USD conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. AUD has moved by -0.0155% or -0.0001 USD.