U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card Review
In this article, we will be reviewing the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card, a card for individuals with good credit.
The U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card offers a generous interest-free introductory window. You get 0% APR for the first 18 billing cycles on both purchases and balance transfers. It is the ideal option for individuals looking for a credit card that can buy you time to pay off your big purchases and shed existing debt. Despite its limited features, this is a card worth considering for those looking for more flexibility in managing their finances.
US bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card: pros and cons
|Great introductory APR. You get 0% APR on all purchases made within the first 18 billing cycles from the date you get the card and on balance transfers made within 60 days.
||No Rewards. This card offers no rewards when you use it to make purchases.
|No Penalty APR. You don't have to worry about late payments affecting your APR, as you will only pay a penalty fee (up to $41) for late payments and will not have a penalty APR.
||No Welcome Bonus. You will not receive any bonuses when you sign up for the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card.
|No Annual Fee. You will not be charged any annual fee for having this card.
||Foreign Transaction Fee. With each transaction you make abroad, you will pay a 2% fee for payments made in US dollars and 3% on foreign currency payments.
|Excellent Cell Phone Protection Coverage. When you pay your monthly phone bill using this credit card, you will be eligible for $600 insurance in cases of phone theft or damage. You can claim insurance twice ($1,200) per 12 months with a $25 deductible.
|Flexible payment date. You can choose when you’d like to make your payments each month, depending on when your payday is.
Rewards system in a nutshell
The U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum does not offer any traditional rewards such as cashback, points, or miles like so many of its competitors. However, it offers the longest 0% introductory APR on the market. It is also flexible as it allows you to choose a payment due date best suited to your payment schedule.
Who can benefit from getting the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card?
If you’re on the lookout for a card that offers a 0% interest rate for an extended period on either large purchases or balance transfers, the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card might be the right fit for you.
After the introductory APR period has ended, a variable 18.74% - 29.74% standard APR will apply, depending on your credit score. However, you should always aim to pay off any large balances before the introductory period ends.
When it comes to balance transfers, they must be made within 60 days after opening your account to qualify. However, a balance transfer fee applies on all transfers, even under the introductory 0% APR offer. U.S. Bank charges either 3% of the amount of each transfer or a $5 minimum, whichever is greater.
Whether you need emergency money in the event of an unexpected bill or want to upgrade your home with new furniture, the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card is ideal for keeping your finances more manageable. You can choose a payment due date that is anywhere between 24-30 days after the close of each billing cycle, whichever suits your schedule.
In short, the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card is ideal for:
- Individuals who want to pay off their credit card debt without interest using a balance transfer or spread out the payment of large purchases without accruing interest
- Those looking for a card with a long interest-free introductory period
- Those who are looking to benefit from its good phone protection coverage
- People who are more focused on avoiding interest charges than earning rewards
The U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card is available only to applicants with a good-to-excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Are there any other benefits?
The U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card has additional benefits worth considering.
The supplementary benefits include the following:
- Fraud Protection. U.S. Bank will directly detect and notify you of any unusual activities to prevent fraud.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. When you charge your entire car rental transaction amount to your card, you will be covered by collision insurance when your rental car gets damaged or stolen.
- Digital Payment Compatible. You can use the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card for payments with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
- AutoPay. Have the option to control and set up automatic payments to avoid incurring interest payments and late fees.
- 24/7 Account Access. You can make online payments, check your balance, and view transaction history anywhere, anytime, using U.S. Bank’s online self-service options.
- Free Credit Score. When you enroll with U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum for online banking, you get free access to your credit score and credit report monitoring through TransUnion.
The U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card is exceptional in its extended period of 0% introductory APR for purchases and bank transfers. It is ideal when you need a card with a no-interest period to pay off large purchases or unforeseen bills payments.
However, it has no other exceptional perks apart from its lengthy introductory period.
So, if you’re looking to earn rewards, get cashback, or accumulate points, then you may want to consider other cards that have long 0% introductory APR offers with other long-term benefits, too.
What is the customer service phone number for the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card?
The customer service phone number for the U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card is 1-800-285-8585
. You may also report your lost or stolen credit card to the same number.
How do I check my application status for a U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Credit Card?
To check the status of your application, you can call 1-800-947-1444
or log in to your U.S. Bank online account. You will be required to provide your social security number and other additional verification items to validate your entity, so it is best to prepare this information before checking on your application status.