1 GBP = 5.1522 AED
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
- Currency Code, Symbol: GBP, £
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: £1, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100
The British pound or pound sterling (symbol: £, code: GBP, number: 826) is the national currency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It is an official currency of Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, Saint Helena. The GBP abbreviation is used to identify £ in the international financial arena.
Change is called pence, also known as British pennies. One GBP has 100 pennies. It is one of the oldest world currencies. The currency was issued in 1694, replacing the East African rupee. In spite of mass euro introduction on the European territory, Great Britain refused to get rid of its local currency. Pound sterling has remained the main reserve currency for many governments for a long time.Read More
- Country of Circulation: United Arab Emirates
- Currency Code, Symbol: AED, د.إ
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 5 fils, 10 fils, 25 fils, 50 fils, 1 dirham
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: 5, 10, 50, 100, 500 dirhams
The UAE dirham (د.إ) is the currency of the United Arab Emirates that was issued in 1973. The currency is not used in other countries.
A short name AED is used according to the name of the country in Western Asia. DH or Dhs are other common unofficial names. One dirham could be changed for coins with smaller denomination – fils. The front side of fils has information on value in Arabic, and the back shows denomination in numbers. Interestingly, in 1976, the UAE government manufactured coins with portraits of famous leaders. Today, these coins are a collection’s item.Read More
Historical data of the 1 Pound Sterling to the Emirati Dirham exchange rate
GBP/AED – Pound Sterling to Emirati Dirham conversionOur GBP/AED currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 GBP equals 5.1522 AED.
Pound Sterling to Emirati Dirham conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-05-13 12:18 PM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Pound Sterlings;
- wait for automatic GBP to AED conversion.
How has the dynamic of GBP to AED rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Pound Sterling rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 0.0159 AED or +0.3076%.
The dynamic of GBP to AED rate over the last monthThe monthly data of GBP to AED conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. GBP has moved by +1.8315% or 0.0944 AED.