1 GBP = 757.814 XAF
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
- Currency Code, Symbol: GBP, £
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: £1, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100
The British pound or pound sterling (symbol: £, code: GBP, number: 826) is the national currency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It is an official currency of Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, Saint Helena. The GBP abbreviation is used to identify £ in the international financial arena.
Change is called pence, also known as British pennies. One GBP has 100 pennies. It is one of the oldest world currencies. The currency was issued in 1694, replacing the East African rupee. In spite of mass euro introduction on the European territory, Great Britain refused to get rid of its local currency. Pound sterling has remained the main reserve currency for many governments for a long time.Read More
- Country of Circulation: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon
- Currency Code, Symbol: XAF, FCFA
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 100, 500 francs
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000 francs
The Central African franc (CFA) is the national currency used in African countries that are part of the Financial Community of Africa (CFA). The term is also used as a general name for 2 currencies spread in 14 African countries. The currency can be simplified to XAF.
The Central African franc can be divided into centimes. Every franc has 100 centimes. The currency has been in circulation since 1961, when the West African pound was removed. Equatorial Guinea, the only country where the official language is Spanish, issued coins of new format in 1985. There were Spanish writings, and also the name of the state on the averse. In 1986, the last coin of this type was issued.Read More
Historical data of the 1 Pound Sterling to the Central African Franc exchange rate
GBP/XAF – Pound Sterling to Central African Franc conversionOur GBP/XAF currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 GBP equals 757.8136 XAF.
Pound Sterling to Central African Franc conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-05-07 02:17 AM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Pound Sterlings;
- wait for automatic GBP to XAF conversion.
How has the dynamic of GBP to XAF rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Pound Sterling rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 7.8212 XAF or +1.0321%.
The dynamic of GBP to XAF rate over the last monthThe monthly data of GBP to XAF conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. GBP has moved by -0.3741% or -2.8352 XAF.