1 GBP = 13 310.77 LAK
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
- Currency Code, Symbol: GBP, £
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: £1, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100
The British pound or pound sterling (symbol: £, code: GBP, number: 826) is the national currency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It is an official currency of Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, Saint Helena. The GBP abbreviation is used to identify £ in the international financial arena.
Change is called pence, also known as British pennies. One GBP has 100 pennies. It is one of the oldest world currencies. The currency was issued in 1694, replacing the East African rupee. In spite of mass euro introduction on the European territory, Great Britain refused to get rid of its local currency. Pound sterling has remained the main reserve currency for many governments for a long time.Read More
- Country of Circulation: Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Currency Code, Symbol: LAK, ₭
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 10, 20, 50 att
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000 kip
The Lao kip (₭) is the national currency of Laos. The currency is not used for payment in other countries. The international currency exchange uses the LAK abbreviation.
Formally, change coins are called att. However, due to inflation and low value, coins do not participate in real circulation.The currency gained a national status in 1955. It replaced an outdated currency – the Indochinese piastres. Despite its official status, the currency is not that popular in Laos. Usually it is used in two currencies exchange: the Thai baht and the American dollar ($).Read More
Historical data of the 1 Pound Sterling to the Lao Kip exchange rate
GBP/LAK – Pound Sterling to Lao Kip conversionOur GBP/LAK currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 GBP equals 13 310.7731 LAK.
Pound Sterling to Lao Kip conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-05-15 11:57 PM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Pound Sterlings;
- wait for automatic GBP to LAK conversion.
How has the dynamic of GBP to LAK rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Pound Sterling rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 171.4089 LAK or +1.2877%.
The dynamic of GBP to LAK rate over the last monthThe monthly data of GBP to LAK conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. GBP has moved by +2.0696% or 275.4786 LAK.