1 GBP = 11.5188 TRY
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
- Currency Code, Symbol: GBP, £
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: £1, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100
The British pound or pound sterling (symbol: £, code: GBP, number: 826) is the national currency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It is an official currency of Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, Saint Helena. The GBP abbreviation is used to identify £ in the international financial arena.
Change is called pence, also known as British pennies. One GBP has 100 pennies. It is one of the oldest world currencies. The currency was issued in 1694, replacing the East African rupee. In spite of mass euro introduction on the European territory, Great Britain refused to get rid of its local currency. Pound sterling has remained the main reserve currency for many governments for a long time.Read More
- Country of Circulation: Turkey, Northern Cyprus
- Currency Code, Symbol: TRY, ₺, TL
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1kr, 5kr, 10kr, 25kr, 50kr, ₺1
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: ₺5, ₺10, ₺20, ₺50, ₺100, ₺200
The Turkish lira (₺) is the only official currency of Turkey. It is issued and accepted for payment in Turkey. For easier currency conversion, the international market calls It TRY.
The Turkish lira is subdivided into kurush. One lira has 100 kurush. The Turkish lira has first been issued in 1923. It has replaced the old Ottoman lira. Previously, the Turkish lira was divided not only into kurush, but also into para. However, after a massive inflation, the new lira came into circulation. Its value is much higher than the old one’s.Read More
Historical data of the 1 Pound Sterling to the Turkish Lira exchange rate
GBP/TRY – Pound Sterling to Turkish Lira conversionOur GBP/TRY currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 GBP equals 11.5188 TRY.
Pound Sterling to Turkish Lira conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-05-08 03:28 AM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Pound Sterlings;
- wait for automatic GBP to TRY conversion.
How has the dynamic of GBP to TRY rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Pound Sterling rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 0.0698 TRY or +0.6056%.
The dynamic of GBP to TRY rate over the last monthThe monthly data of GBP to TRY conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. GBP has moved by +2.8034% or 0.3229 TRY.