1 GBP = 855.186 AOA
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
- Currency Code, Symbol: GBP, £
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: £1, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100
The British pound or pound sterling (symbol: £, code: GBP, number: 826) is the national currency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It is an official currency of Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, Saint Helena. The GBP abbreviation is used to identify £ in the international financial arena.
Change is called pence, also known as British pennies. One GBP has 100 pennies. It is one of the oldest world currencies. The currency was issued in 1694, replacing the East African rupee. In spite of mass euro introduction on the European territory, Great Britain refused to get rid of its local currency. Pound sterling has remained the main reserve currency for many governments for a long time.Read More
- Country of Circulation: Angola
- Currency Code, Symbol: AOA, Kz
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 kwanzas
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000 kwanzas
The Angolan kwanza (Kz) is issued only in one country – Angola. Traditionally, the AOA abbreviation is used to denote this monetary unit. Since 1999, one Angolan kwanza equals 100 centimos, but it was previously subdivided into lwei.
The currency itself was issued in 1977 replacing the old Angolan escudo. A monetary reform restricted the exchange of escudo to new notes. The government turned a part of old units into debt obligations to the population. Now, the Angolan kwanza is printed at the Russian enterprise Goznak.Read More
Historical data of the 1 Pound Sterling to the Angolan Kwanza exchange rate
GBP/AOA – Pound Sterling to Angolan Kwanza conversionOur GBP/AOA currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 GBP equals 855.1858 AOA AOA.
Pound Sterling to Angolan Kwanza conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-03-08 04:33 PM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Pound Sterlings;
- wait for automatic GBP to AOA conversion.
How has the dynamic of GBP to AOA rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Pound Sterling rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by -22.4209 AOA or -2.6218%.
The dynamic of GBP to AOA rate over the last monthThe monthly data of GBP to AOA conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better.
GBP has moved by -4.9624% or -42.4374 AOA.