1 GBP = 71.6038 GMD
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey
- Currency Code, Symbol: GBP, £
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: £1, £5, £10, £20, £50, £100
The British pound or pound sterling (symbol: £, code: GBP, number: 826) is the national currency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It is an official currency of Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, Saint Helena. The GBP abbreviation is used to identify £ in the international financial arena.
Change is called pence, also known as British pennies. One GBP has 100 pennies. It is one of the oldest world currencies. The currency was issued in 1694, replacing the East African rupee. In spite of mass euro introduction on the European territory, Great Britain refused to get rid of its local currency. Pound sterling has remained the main reserve currency for many governments for a long time.Read More
- Country of Circulation: The Gambia
- Currency Code, Symbol: GMD, D
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 bututs, 1 dalasi
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 200 dalasis
The Gambian dalasi (D) is a currency used on the territory of Gambia. It can often see it abbreviated to GMD. The Gambian dalasi can be exchanged to coins called bututs.
Every GMD has 100 bututs. The currency has been issued since 1971 replacing the old currency – the West African pound sterling. The name “dalasi” comes from the name of the West African 5-pound sterling note. It was called “dala” which translated to “dollar”. The currency floats, and its rate is not connected to specific currencies of other states.Read More
Historical data of the 1 Pound Sterling to the Gambian Dalasi exchange rate
GBP/GMD – Pound Sterling to Gambian Dalasi conversionOur GBP/GMD currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 GBP equals 71.6038 GMD.
Pound Sterling to Gambian Dalasi conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-05-08 03:17 AM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with Pound Sterlings;
- wait for automatic GBP to GMD conversion.
How has the dynamic of GBP to GMD rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the Pound Sterling rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 0.9743 GMD or +1.3607%.
The dynamic of GBP to GMD rate over the last monthThe monthly data of GBP to GMD conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. GBP has moved by +1.8849% or 1.3497 GMD.