1 USD = 52.0504GMD
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United States, British Virgin Islands, Ecuador, Panama and others
- Currency Code, Symbol: USD, $
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
The US dollar ($) is the national currency of the United States of America, one of the global reserve currencies. It is used as an official currency unit in Salvador, Marshall Islands, Panama, Bermuda. USD is used as an abbreviation for convenience and internationalization purposes.
The US dollar is subdivided into cents. Every dollar has 100 cents. The currency has existed since 1792. The first dollars were made out of silver, then paper notes appeared. They have had the traditional greenish or grey color from the outset. Around 35 million pieces of dollars of different denomination worth 635 million emigrate to the USA daily. 95% of the banknotes are to replace worn-out notes.Read More
- Country of Circulation: The Gambia
- Currency Code, Symbol: GMD, D
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 bututs, 1 dalasi
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 200 dalasis
The Gambian dalasi (D) is a currency used on the territory of Gambia. It can often see it abbreviated to GMD. The Gambian dalasi can be exchanged to coins called bututs.
Every GMD has 100 bututs. The currency has been issued since 1971 replacing the old currency – the West African pound sterling. The name “dalasi” comes from the name of the West African 5-pound sterling note. It was called “dala” which translated to “dollar”. The currency floats, and its rate is not connected to specific currencies of other states.Read More
Historical data of the 1 US Dollar to the Gambian Dalasi exchange rate
USD/GMD – US Dollar to Gambian Dalasi conversionOur USD/GMD currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 USD equals 52.0504 GMD.
US Dollar to Gambian Dalasi conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-10-23 07:42 PM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with US Dollars;
- wait for automatic USD to GMD conversion.
How has the dynamic of USD to GMD rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the US Dollar rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 0.0503 GMD or +0.0966%.
The dynamic of USD to GMD rate over the last monthThe monthly data of USD to GMD conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. USD has moved by +0.9606% or 0.5 GMD.