1 USD = 9 420 LAK
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United States, British Virgin Islands, Ecuador, Panama and others
- Currency Code, Symbol: USD, $
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
The US dollar ($) is the national currency of the United States of America, one of the global reserve currencies. It is used as an official currency unit in Salvador, Marshall Islands, Panama, Bermuda. USD is used as an abbreviation for convenience and internationalization purposes.
The US dollar is subdivided into cents. Every dollar has 100 cents. The currency has existed since 1792. The first dollars were made out of silver, then paper notes appeared. They have had the traditional greenish or grey color from the outset. Around 35 million pieces of dollars of different denomination worth 635 million emigrate to the USA daily. 95% of the banknotes are to replace worn-out notes.Read More
- Country of Circulation: Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Currency Code, Symbol: LAK, ₭
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 10, 20, 50 att
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000 kip
The Lao kip (₭) is the national currency of Laos. The currency is not used for payment in other countries. The international currency exchange uses the LAK abbreviation.
Formally, change coins are called att. However, due to inflation and low value, coins do not participate in real circulation.The currency gained a national status in 1955. It replaced an outdated currency – the Indochinese piastres. Despite its official status, the currency is not that popular in Laos. Usually it is used in two currencies exchange: the Thai baht and the American dollar ($).Read More
Historical data of the 1 US Dollar to the Lao Kip exchange rate
USD/LAK – US Dollar to Lao Kip conversionOur USD/LAK currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 USD equals 9 420 LAK.
US Dollar to Lao Kip conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-05-07 02:18 AM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with US Dollars;
- wait for automatic USD to LAK conversion.
How has the dynamic of USD to LAK rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the US Dollar rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by 4.9997 LAK or +0.0531%.
The dynamic of USD to LAK rate over the last monthThe monthly data of USD to LAK conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. USD has moved by -0.2359% or -22.2207 LAK.