1 USD = 8.0269 TRY
To calculate the values for foreign currency conversions, we use the market exchange rates of 159 currencies of the world.
- Country of Circulation: United States, British Virgin Islands, Ecuador, Panama and others
- Currency Code, Symbol: USD, $
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
The US dollar ($) is the national currency of the United States of America, one of the global reserve currencies. It is used as an official currency unit in Salvador, Marshall Islands, Panama, Bermuda. USD is used as an abbreviation for convenience and internationalization purposes.
The US dollar is subdivided into cents. Every dollar has 100 cents. The currency has existed since 1792. The first dollars were made out of silver, then paper notes appeared. They have had the traditional greenish or grey color from the outset. Around 35 million pieces of dollars of different denomination worth 635 million emigrate to the USA daily. 95% of the banknotes are to replace worn-out notes.Read More
- Country of Circulation: Turkey, Northern Cyprus
- Currency Code, Symbol: TRY, ₺, TL
- Denominations of coins in circulation: 1kr, 5kr, 10kr, 25kr, 50kr, ₺1
- Denominations of banknotes in circulation: ₺5, ₺10, ₺20, ₺50, ₺100, ₺200
The Turkish lira (₺) is the only official currency of Turkey. It is issued and accepted for payment in Turkey. For easier currency conversion, the international market calls It TRY.
The Turkish lira is subdivided into kurush. One lira has 100 kurush. The Turkish lira has first been issued in 1923. It has replaced the old Ottoman lira. Previously, the Turkish lira was divided not only into kurush, but also into para. However, after a massive inflation, the new lira came into circulation. Its value is much higher than the old one’s.Read More
Historical data of the 1 US Dollar to the Turkish Lira exchange rate
USD/TRY – US Dollar to Turkish Lira conversionOur USD/TRY currency converter allows instant conversion by live rates. Current value of 1 USD equals 8.0269 TRY.
US Dollar to Turkish Lira conversionWe use quotation information as of 2021-04-15 01:17 PM ET to calculate the conversion rate of two currencies. Specified values are considered average but can match the rates of specific financial organizations. To get a result, you only need to:
- indicate an amount of money to convert in the window with US Dollars;
- wait for automatic USD to TRY conversion.
How has the dynamic of USD to TRY rate changed in the last weekHere you can also find a chart with the US Dollar rate fluctuations since 2015. In the last week, the pound to dollar conversion rate has changed by -0.1405 TRY or -1.7504%.
The dynamic of USD to TRY rate over the last monthThe monthly data of USD to TRY conversion rate dynamic helps to understand market trends better. USD has moved by +6.1381% or 0.4927 TRY.